Tuesday, January 8, 2008

So I've moved into my apartment, not that I have much to move since my luggage is still MIA.  Apparently it's supposed to show tonight, but Air NZ claims to have no knowledge of that.  The weather is still incredibly nice, though my legs/feet are killing me from constantly walking everywhere.  I have also discovered that public transportation sucks; $2.50 for a single bus ride?  Ridiculous.  Another thing that seems a bit off/strange to me is that I need to CALL the phone company in order to hook up a phone; a little back asswards.  I haven't seen any insane animals yet (though the seagulls here are incredibly vicious).  I'm hoping to climb a mountain that I can see from my apartment in the next few days; now to figure out how to get there...  There are a few things I've noticed about this place that I want to write about, so I'll just list them
-the toilets/water drain in the same direction as home (counter clockwise)
-the slang here is a lot different then home, and people use much more slang here.
-people here are extremely nice/polite
-the weather never gets bad
-the internet here sucks; no matter what wifi network I'm in, they're all slow
-seems like everyone smokes

No comments: