Sunday, January 6, 2008

From the air - Chapter 1

I’m somewhere over Canada right now, sitting in first class.  I don’t really know how that happened; I left my flight in Montreal in a full-on sprint and got to the gate for my flight to Vancouver just as they were boarding.  I had no idea how much better first class was then “Economy”; great food, better seats, what seems to be a better movie/tv selection.  The only “downside” would be that I feel quite out of place, not that that is necessarily a bad thing.  The man next to me has Bose headphones that I’m sure are worth more than my entire wardrobe.  The one thing that did strike me as odd about this otherwise upscale seating arrangement was that the stewardess seemed stunned that I had my own headphones when she was passing out the complimentary pairs; who doesn’t bring an ipod/mp3/discman/walkman on an eight hour flight?

I suppose I should mention that I’m writing this in Word for now, and will have to “ctrl-c/ctrl-v” it on to my blog when I next have access to wireless.  It’s kind of odd writing, knowing that what I’m saying should, in a convoluted way, be past tense.  I just realized that I’m also going to have to decide in what order to post all of my “pre-written” bloggings.

I’m off to finish watching “Into the Wild” (which, I should add, is quite good) now; then I must figure out whether or not I’m going to make my flight to Sydney.

No comments: