Sunday, January 6, 2008

From the air - Chapter 3

I’m sitting on a flight somewhere over the Tasman Sea, on my way from Sydney to Auckland.  I don’t know what time it is, what time zone I’m in, and I’m not entirely sure of what day it is anymore.  I tried to hook up to the wireless in the Sydney airport, even though I was only there for a short time, but I had no success, so I’m still waiting on posting blogs and emailing.  There have been a few slight glitches in my travels, but nothing serious, just things to do with all the Air Canada cancellations/backup. 

            It was strange to feel humidity for the first time in months when I walked off the plane in Sydney; kind of refreshing.  I should mention that the sixteen-hour flight from Vancouver to Sydney wasn’t nearly as awful as I thought it might be; it went by quite quickly.  I can’t wait to get into Christchurch.  I’m not exactly sure what to do when I get there, as my reservation with the hostel is completely messed, and I’m arriving outside of their check-in hours, but I’m sure I’ll work something out.  I hope you’re all enjoying the freezing cold; when I told the woman at the Air New Zealand check-in desk about the weather we had when I was leaving she asked me why anyone would ever want to live there.

No comments: