Saturday, January 12, 2008

Not much news


I'm still hiding away in my apartment because of my horrible burn.  I'm going  to be forced out to get some food soon, but I'm going to try to wait until later afternoon to do that.  I'd say this is one of the worst burns I've ever had; I'm glad it's contain to a relatively small amount of skin, as having this all over would probably send me to the hospital.  As you can see from the pic, my skin is blistering, hence my reason for hiding inside (both health and social reasons).  I'm hoping in the next day or two it will at least be healed up enough for me to venture out.  I've done some reading and found out that UV rays in the southern hemisphere are far stronger than those in the northern hemisphere, especially in the lower regions (e.g. Christchurch); I've learned my lesson.
I can't wait to get out and ride; there are a few skateparks around town, and at one or two of them look quite good.  Riding will also be a great way to get to know people; nothing brings folks together like little kids bikes.
I've been thinking about planning a "mini vacation" and going down to Queenstown for a few days.  There are a lot of activities going on there that I'd like to try (mountain climbing, bungy-jumping) and it seems like a great spot in general.  Now all I have to do is find a cheap way there and back...

2 comments:

Shannon said...

uggggh pat! that looks so painful!!! you're beyond any home remedy I think!

Anonymous said...

While they accept abounding admired functions, ample screens or buttons are difficult to be abrasion calmly and fashionably on a person's Replica Cartier . They are about advised amusing taboo, but advantageous nonetheless.