Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Peeling, eating and cruising

Ahoy!  Another small update from the weird side of the world.  My burn is healing up and is almost done peeling; it certainly doesn't look nice, but I'm glad to get it over with.  Yesterday I went downtown and opened up a bank account with the Bank of New Zealand.  I didn't originally intend to do this, but it makes sense for debit purchases and paying rent.  On my way to the bank I came across a stand selling fresh dark cherries, which I could not pass up (they were delicious).  I also hit up the Botanical Gardens yesterday; they were interesting to see and were filled with lots of things we don't get to see in our part of the world.  I also watched another busker in the square; he was Canadian, but he wasn't much of a busker, if you ask me.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do today (other than pay rent).  Maybe head downtown for a coffee, and I really have no idea what I'm going to do tonight.  We'll see what turns up; bye for now.

No comments: