Monday, January 7, 2008

Another day





I've got an apartment!  I move in tomorrow morning; "move in" is a very relative term at the moment, as my luggage still hasn't shown up.  I'm still having a lot of trouble getting my bearings when I walk around the city; I got completely lost on the way to meet my super-intend ant this morning.  Fortunately this place has a great bus system, so for a few dollars I was flying all over town.  I'm glad I'll have my own place tomorrow, as I'll be able to hang out in a bed sheet while I wash the only clothes I have at the moment, as well as shower in peace.  This place is so beautiful and warm, I can't believe it's not more famous/popular.  There are nice parks and canals all over town, which are all surrounded by/full of strange trees.  I'm off to a local bike shop to check it out, then I think I'll go buy some groceries/necessities for my  new place; pics to come tomorrow.

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Hi there mangema.... is your bike on the missing list too?? Glad that you are having fun. Any word when the luggage will arrive??

Carolyn

This is life said...

Bike and bag are missing; no word on when they'll arrive yet. Apparently something went wrong at the Sydney airport, so supposedly they at least made it across the pacific.