Sunday, January 27, 2008

Lots of whatnot


Well I've had a fairly eventful weekend.  Took it easy Saturday and just hung out with the guys; during this time I was invited on a road trip to Queenstown on Easter weekend.  I'm definitely stoked about that, even though it's a while away.  
On Sunday I took the shuttle down to Akaroa, which is a small town nestled in the center of a massive volcano crater about two hours south of Christchurch.  It was without a doubt the most beautiful place I've ever been.  This is the kind of place you dream of retiring to; it's better than paradise.  I first took a little hike on the inner rim, which produced lots of great pictures.  After that I went on a cruise to swim with Hector's Dolphins, the smallest and rarest dolphins in the world.  The swim was great; they provided wet suits and snorkeling gear and we all just floated around by the mouth of the harbor while the dolphins swam all around us and inspected each of us.  They were really playful, as well as sneaky; you wouldn't see anything and all of a sudden three of them would be circling you less than a foot from you.  After swimming will the dolphins, I had a hot shower and wandered around town until the shuttle returned.

1 comment:

bruce said...

cool with the dolphins