Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Tra lala

I'm not in a bad mood or anything, but I'm going to rant anyway. 

I just got home from work, and experienced one of the worst bus rides I've had.  I've had this particular driver before, and she's not exactly a pro at what she does.  She brakes and accelerates like she's in some sort of death race, and shifts significantly worse than I do (that's saying something).  I've witnessed people actually fall down while riding the bus with her driving; she has no clue what she's doing.

I watched a show last night about a morbidly obese man (I only have five channels).  This man was 39 years old and weighed about 760 lbs.  At the very beginning I felt neutral towards him, but this quickly descended into hatred.  The guy was taken to a special facility where they 'treat' people who are morbidly obese.  On the first day he was already demanding hamburgers and eating countless chocolate bars from his 'stash'.  It absolutely disgusts me to see anyone who is overweight eat a hamburger, let alone a guy of this size.  And I haven't eaten a chocolate bar in...months, and I'm probably borderline underweight.  This guy had let himself get like this, and it seems to me that he barely deserves to live.  Why should someone who gets themselves into a situation like that (very slowly, too, mind you) in which they become a massive (no pun intended) burden on the medical system.  Yeah, I hurt myself riding sometimes, and I know that it is dangerous, but it's nothing like letting yourself slowly become so overweight that you can't walk.

Lastly - and I'll make this fairly short - people who love animals more than people.  Why are people offended at the thought of eating animals which are commonly household pets?  They're no different than pigs and cows.  And finally, no animal, no matter how 'special' they may seem to their owner, is even close to being as important as a human being.  If you donate $$$ to the Humane Society, but none to charities, re-think your life.

3 comments:

Steven said...

Two things:

1. Chill out.

2. People with people, animals with animals.

flanjam said...

Nah, fuck that. With all of the destruction of land and amount of neglect pet-owners bring upon animals, I think that it's the least that we can do to give them a small organization such as the Humane Society. These animals had no choice in being brought into a home where they become malnourished and beaten. Ahh whatever. And too, what's with the ratio of hatred towards everything that you come across to the amount of good experiences you've had?

Unknown said...

Finally, address CARDS, in the pandora bracelet into the Pandora adulation ring and address CARDS to your lover the words you wish to say, balmy and candied prattle.