Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Product promotion

Bit of a product review today.

If you have an ipod, or just use Apple's earbuds, these things will improve your headphones ten fold.  Griffin EarJams are worth their weight in gold, to make use of a cliche.  I've been using them for quite some time now...I'd say nine months or so, yet I didn't truly notice how much I like them until yesterday.  I had originally heard about them through the product reviews on silverorange's site; Dennis had reviewed them and raved about them.  I hated the way my Apple earbuds constantly fell out and just didn't fit in my ear particularly well.  The EarJams come with three different sized soft rubber attachments that clip on to Apple earbuds.  I use the biggest size, and they fit my ear perfectly, leaving them securely in there despite all sorts of mishaps (dropping ipod, cord getting caught on belt, etc.).  Not only do they increase the security of the earbud fit and feel, they also vastly increase sound quality as well as volume.  I didn't notice the latter until yesterday when one of the rubber bits had gone missing and I was in a rush so I was forced to wear the naked earbuds; they suck.  The sound was awful, the didn't fit my ears at all, they let in heaps of background noise, and my ipod's volume had to be turned up far higher in order to hear the music in a high noise environment (walking down a busy street, on the bus).  One of the rubber pieces had developed a habit of falling off the earbud attachment over the last few days, hence it going missing.  I found it in the hall outside my flat later last night, which means I didn't have to purchase another set of these wonders; there is no way I could listen to my ipod without them now.  A dab of super-glue where the rubber bit 'snaps' onto the earbud attachment and I'm all set once again.  I can't speak (or write) highly enough of EarJams; they're not exactly cheap, but when the amount they improve the usability of my ipod is taken into consideration they are more than worth their price.  If you don't like the way your Apple earbuds fit, or want to vastly increase the quality of the sound of your ipod/mp3 player grab a set of these.  

If anyone is curious, I ordered mine through the Little Mac Shoppe on Victoria Row, and they only took a week or so to come in.  Not only were 'they' easy to deal with, but the girl working there (whom I did not recognize) knew who I was enough to not need to ask my name for the order; how's that for uber/creepy customer service?

No comments: