Sunday, April 27, 2008

Time travel

I'm sitting in the Vancouver airport right now, looking out onto the snowy mountains.  It took me a while to realize this, but I took two flights to get to Vancouver (which totaled about 19 hours of flying) and I  (technically) arrived here in Canada before I even left New Zealand.  It's strange to think that I jumped back an entire day when I crossed that invisible line resting in the Pacific.  I suppose we just use 'time' to measure things, so I never actually moved in time, as it's a constant that plods along at one second per second.  In the last four days or so I've had about 8 hours of sleep, but I'm not feeling all that tired for some reason; I'm thinking that when I go to bed at home I will sleep like a log for some time.  It's good to be back in Canada, though I miss NZ.  Robbie helped me move out of my flat, let me stay at his place for the night and drove me to the airport; very good dude.  Look for the guy 3ing crazy stuff at Washington park if you're ever in Christchurch.  Less than 24 hours until I'm home...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A good scarpe Hogan shoe salesman will be able to look at your old Hogan and determine your individual biometrics and recommend the right type of hogan shoe for you.