Sunday, April 13, 2008

Damn it


I've just found out that I probably won't be able to return to my student job with Veteran's Affairs Canada when I get home because of bureaucratic issues (not quite fulfilling their requirements; haven't gone to school since December).  Finding this out is a huge downer, but there doesn't seem to be much I can do.  If anyone is looking for an employee, I'll be home two weeks from today.

In less depressing news, I went to Abel Tasman National Park yesterday and saw Wainui Falls, which were incredibly beautiful.  The rain forests here are far more tropical than those down south, and are a completely different experience because of this.  To get there I had to walk for about three hours, stopping along the way to check out some of the beaches in Ligar Bay (there aren't any ligars there...).  I did get picked up by one guy on the way there, which was nice, and on my way back I got a drive almost the entire way from a Czech guy that barely spoke any english.

I had back to Christchurch tomorrow to ride and chill out for the rest of my time in NZ; if only I didn't have finding a job on my mind...

No comments: