Saturday, April 5, 2008

Good times

Ahoy,
It's been a minute since I've updated, but I've been busy/lazy.  My last few days in Queenstown were great; I spent most of the time bumming around with Helen and Cassie, two English girls that I met at the hostel.  We went out on Wednesday night and hit up The World Bar; it was a great time.  I think I danced with ten different countries...  The bus ride back to Chch was long, and uncomfortable, but I made it in one piece.  A friend of mine, Sam, is opening a bmx/skate shop here in Chch on Tuesday, so I headed over there right after I got back from Queenstown and helped (a tiny bit) with painting.  The place looks great, and is going to be awesome for the bmx community to have.  Yesterday I just chilled.  I finished all the books I have with me, so I hit up Borders (NZ version of Chapters/Indigo/Barnes&Noble) and did a little book shopping.  I know libraries are great for casual reading, but I find that I really like to own the books I'm reading.  Not only will I have them down the line if I feel like referencing them or reading them again, but I also have the option of reading them at my own pace; whether that be all in two days, or over a period of years.  I picked up another Nietzsche flick, and A Brave New World by Aldous Huxley.  I've been meaning to read more Huxley, but somehow managed to flip-flop around it for some time now. 

I'm going to head out riding soon, I believe, then perhaps find myself a cafe in which I can sip a cap and read.  Cheers people; three weeks and I'm home.

No comments: