Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Just a little different

What I plan/want to do with my life is a topic that comes up often when I meet new people.  For the last few weeks I was wondering what do I want to do with my life?  I knew that I wanted to do something 'useful' (something that pushes society forward/aids society's evolution), which was drawing me away from becoming a professor, and edging me closer to pursuing a career in law.  I was getting behind this idea more and more until out of nowhere (seemingly) I realized that being a professor (of philosophy, at that) could be an extremely 'useful' career.  I would be in a position to potentially open up the minds of thousands of young (and not-so-young) men and women.  It wasn't until I took first year critical thinking class with Neb Kujundzic that 'things' became clear to me.  I suddenly realized that I had been looking at things all wrong; what I thought were logical thought processes were actually pitiful bursts of 'logic diarrhea'.  Things began to fall into place; the fog that had been covering my eyes, unbeknownst to me, was lifted.  Philosophy can teach you an entirely different way of thinking, which is difficult to explain, but I know I've experienced it, and so have others (Steve, for example).  I could (potentially) help to open the eyes of my future students the way mine were prompted by my professors.  It turns out, that the profession I was headed towards all along is 'useful' beyond what I have dreamed.

2 comments:

bruce said...

go for it

Anonymous said...

They are very popular among women and those people who are longing for Chanel product at low prices. It is said that all of the creative elements of Chanel Cambon branding are immensely, luxuriously over the top in ways that few other brands can touch, except Louis Vuitton.