Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Slugs can't grow arms

The last two days I've been working, and it's really sucked.  The job I'm doing now (putting together/up those scrolling advertisements on the sides of fields at sporting events) is over tomorrow, so it's not horrible, I suppose.  It's a lot of physical labour, and it's about twelve hours a day.  On top of this my boss is one of the dumbest close-minded people I've ever met.  He firmly believes that I (and anyone else who does this) am gay because I wear my pants low.  He also believes that evolution is a farce because "slugs can't just climb out of the water and grow arms".  He then proceeded to butcher the theory of evolution further; I would have tried to explain it to him, but it would have been futile.  Oh well, because of all this I get to see a pro rugby game for free tomorrow.  

On Monday I start my 'real' job; putting the finishing touches on a soon to open grocery store.  It's quite a straightforward job, it pays $13.50 NZ an hour (about $10.60 CAN), and it's only for four weeks.  I'm looking forward to being back in the $scrilla$.

Other that those, not much is new.  The weather is eternally nice, I ride all the time, the bmx guys are great, life is good.  I got a few new bmx parts, which are working fantastically; I also found one of the best street spots I've ever seen (I'll get pics for you, guys).  I'm exhausted from work, so I'm going to watch TV for a bit before I hit the ol'  dusty trail.  Hope you're all enjoying your hellish weather.

Oh yeah, one more thing; what's with my appetite?  For the last three weeks or so I've been eating like I did while I was still growing.  I'm easily killing $100-150 a week in groceries.

4 comments:

bruce said...

glad we're not feeding you at that rate...
Dad

flanjam said...

bahaha. Is it the All Blacks you're going to see for free?

This is life said...

No, it's the Brumbies vs. the Crusaders

Emily said...

better pick up some cheap food, or just steal from this grocery store you'll be working at...