Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A business proposition with social ramifications

It seems that Charlottetown has no cafes, of any sort, open beyond 7pmish (and that's pushing it).  I would thoroughly enjoy a year-round venue similar to Cafe Diem (or Cafe Diem itself) that was open until midnight or later, seven days a week.  I suppose that's kind of a lot to ask of a town the size of our own.  Timothy's is the closest thing to my dream coffee shop; perhaps the new ownership of Cafe Diem will give me a late night haunt.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've also found it annoying that you end up at Tim Horton's if you want to go out for coffee after 7pm. Then again, becoming an old man who doesn't want caffeine after 3pm is helping.

Unknown said...

That this is so the apple over can never be acknowledged whenever one sees something like an Louis Vuitton handbag draped on the arm of some Chinese wife aimless forth in a Beijing arcade district.