Friday, December 28, 2007

Money in your pocket is useless

I've never understood why people hoard money. I can understand saving for an emergency, retirement, or a big purchase, but other than that I think people should just let their money flow. Money in your bank account is useless and pointless; the entire purpose of money is for it to be spent. I suppose this may come down to personality types, or something along those lines; I for one just can't understand saving money for an unknown reason. I won't deny that when I hear about so-and-so having an exorbitant amount of money saved up I wish that I too had oodles of money, but money is not finite, there is an infinite amount of money out there to be had. I could be saving thousands and thousands of dollars to put towards my Masters/PhD, or I could spend my money on things I enjoy. It seems more logical to be loose with my money, then just take some time to stockpile before I begin my Masters. While this is a little off topic, it still has to do with money; I can't understand why people are obsessed with saving money. I would much prefer to spend twice as much money shopping and half as much time to spending more time and less money. I remember one of my brothers saying that his time was worth far more than his money; I couldn't agree more.

No comments: