Thursday, December 27, 2007

Always with the questions

I leave for New Zealand in about five days, and people are asking me more and more frequently what I'll do there. I'll do whatever I want. I have an apartment lined up, but I may travel around some, possibly go skydiving and/or bungy jumping, ride lots I'm sure, as well as countless other things I haven't thought of yet. I'm not sure why people think I should have my trip all planned out; I doubt Columbus or Erikson had many plans when they set out, but that all worked out for them in the end. When I tell this inquistors that I have no set plans, they ask me if I think I'll get bored; of course not. I'm stoked to read in a park, drink coffee all night, and watch court procedings for hours on end. I'm not sure how anyone could get bored on a "vacation" of this sort; no plans, no guidelines, no rules, just the way I like it. That's what I'm most excited about; being able to do whatever I want with absolutely no consideration for anyone else, nor having anyone telling me what to do. If I feel like reading and sleeping all day, I will. If I feel like hiking through the Remarkables for a few days, I will. I'm going to do what I want, when I want.

No comments: