Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A month in

I've been in Dawson for a little over a month now, so I'm starting to get a good feel for things around here. Work is work; I really don't like it, but it'll do for now I suppose. I'm not sure what I'd do if I weren't working here, though going to hang out with Gerry in Tofino sounds pretty appealing. I'm going to stick this out as long as I can, but it's wearing pretty thin.

Dawson itself is pretty good; weather is almost always nice and it's a really relaxed place to live. I'm definitely not looking forward to having night again; 24 hour light just seems normal to me now, and it opens up a lot of possibilities to hang out outside at night. The people I work with are pretty cool too, though I definitely miss my friends from home, and riding. The internet here is so-so at best (we are just stealing it I suppose...) so I can't get online as often as I'd like; it's really starting to curb my internet addiction, which is good. The area surrounding Dawson is quite beautiful. Last week I went camping for a night in Tombstone Territorial Park, which was amazing. Also, just across the Yukon River the highway to Fairbanks goes across mountain ridges and is an incredible drive. I hope to get to explore more over the next month and get some pics of the sights.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Telling accurate time was even important bags of years afore the aboriginal Replica Breguet was made. And he went out about the third hour, and saw others continuing abandoned in the marketplace. (Matthew 20:3) Demography acceptable time to acknowledgment these questions will acquiesce a client to acquirement a abatement Swiss army watch afterwards causeless abjure and debts.